KCOM is a leading provider of communications services and IT solutions to organisations and consumers. By listening to and learning from our customers, we design and deliver the right services to connect them with the things that matter.
This is an exciting and a unique opportunity to join a new Centre of Customer Service Excellence providing end to end service and support to our customers. You will provide operational support in the drive for continuous improvement and business excellence. You will be responsible for the design, delivery and management of training solutions focussed on creating and sustaining a high performing business culture.
Situated in a custom designed, state of the art Customer Service Excellence centre in Hull within easy access of the M62, you would be joining a fresh team at a really exciting time!
What will I be doing?
- Producing thorough training needs analysis so that training delivered accurately matches employee & business requirements
- Maintaining training resources (training collateral, documentation, software, training rooms and equipment) so that their value to the business is maximised.
- Co-ordination of Training delivery
- Reviewing and continuous improvement of training material requirements
- Identifying training and development needs through job and skills analysis, appraisal schemes and regular consultation with operations managers; to ensure continuous delivery against the changing business objectives
- Designing and develop training and development programmes
- Supporting the implementation of the training and development delivery programmes across the operation taking accountability for their successful delivery
- Ensuring that statutory training requirements are met
- Working with HR Business Partners and the wider HR team to ensure consistency with corporate training standards
- Providing guidance on development for managers and their teams and enabling them to help themselves – self-service and manage own development.
- Designing and delivering business wide and business specific development programmes and solutions including team building and alignment sessions and e learning projects. Using the full learning cycle: analysis, instructional design, delivery/facilitation and evaluation.
- Supporting the management of the performance management cycle working with HR and the business to understand and define annual learning and development plans.
- Supporting the delivery of the employee engagement programme by facilitating manager’s sessions and supporting managers post results with action planning.
What do I need to do this role?
You will have previous experience within a Technical training role teamed with excellent communication and interpersonal skills. You will have the below skills and experience -
- Knowledge of Cisco technologies including VOIP & qualified to a CCNA standard
- Capable of delivering ITIL training to a Foundation level
- Previous experience of working in a technical centre delivering customer excellence
- Previous experience within an ISP environment
- Knowledge of carrier grade transmission networks
- Understanding of event management tools, e.g. Spectrum, Nagios, Netcool
- Able to design and deliver provide networking fundamentals courses
- Experience of voice platforms in a carrier environment
- Experience of working in technical support services environments
- Experience of support consumer and business customers
You’ll get 25 days holidays per year, a pension, access to the KCOM flexible benefits scheme, the option to join the KCOM share scheme, and 4 times salary life assurance.
- Professional community:Customer Service & Support
- Location:Hull – Salvesen Way
- Working Hours:37.5