Here at KCOM everyone plays their part in our success. We focus on listening to and learning from our people so that they can do the same for our customers. No matter where you sit in our team, you’ll be supported to pursue your own personal development and achieve our business goals. So, what better time to join us?
Purpose of role
An opportunity to join our test team based in Ipswich who provide effective test consultancy skills to enable successful delivery of projects to time, budget, quality and scope.
- Planning, design, execution and reporting of tests, using appropriate testing tools and techniques and conforming to agreed process standards and industry specific regulations.
- Ensuring that new and amended systems, configurations, packages, or services, together with any interfaces, perform as specified, and that the risks associated with deployment are adequately understood and documented.
- Responsible for creation of test cases using own in-depth technical analysis of both functional and non-functional specifications (such as reliability, efficiency, usability, maintainability and portability).
- Creating traceability records, from test cases back to requirements.
- Producing test scripts, materials and regression test packs to test new and amended software or services.
- Specifying requirements for environment, data, resources and tools.
- Interpreting executing and documenting complex test scripts using agreed methods and standards.
- Recording and analysing actions and results, and maintaining a defect register.
- Reviewing test results and modifying tests if necessary.
- Providing reports on progress, anomalies, risks and issues associated with the overall project.
- Reporting on system quality and collecting metrics on test cases.
- Providing specialist advice to support others.
- Execution of defined tests, as directed, using appropriate testing tools and techniques and conforming to agreed process standards and industry specific regulations.
Required Skills and Experience
- Proven testing experience
- Analysis skills
- Ability to interrogate results via
- PL/SQL skills
- Inspection of logs
- Good customer facing skills
- Experience of using test management tools
- Good understanding of the test tools market place
- Agile testing experience beneficial
- Understanding of non-functional testing, e.g. performance, load, operability
- Knowledge and experience of one or more of the following:
- Load UI
- Microsoft Test Professional
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- SOAP UI
- Any academic or professional qualifications would be highly advantageous. However, we actively encourages and supports staff in the pursuit of relevant certifications and training (i.e. ISEB) so with the right attitude any potential gaps in experience could soon be filled.
We’re evolving as an organisation, helping our customers to connect with the things that matter. What better time to join us?
KCOM is an equal opportunity employer. The Company wholeheartedly supports the principle of equality in employment and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination on any grounds.
- Professional community:Design & Development
- Location:Ipswich - North Felaw Maltings
- Working Hours:37.5