An opportunity to join our test team based in Ipswich who provide effective test consultancy skills to enable successful delivery of projects to time, budget, quality and scope.
In the role of Tester your key responsibilities will include;
- Planning, design, execution and reporting of tests, using appropriate testing tools and techniques and conforming to agreed process standards and industry specific regulations.
- Ensuring that new and amended systems, configurations, packages, or services, together with any interfaces, perform as specified, and that the risks associated with deployment are adequately understood and documented.
- Responsible for creation of test cases using own in-depth technical analysis of both functional and non-functional specifications (such as reliability, efficiency, usability, maintainability and portability).
- Creating traceability records, from test cases back to requirements.
- Producing test scripts, materials and regression test packs to test new and amended software or services.
- Specifying requirements for environment, data, resources and tools.
- Interpreting executing and documenting complex test scripts using agreed methods and standards.
- Recording and analysing actions and results, and maintaining a defect register.
- Reviewing test results and modifying tests if necessary.
- Providing reports on progress, anomalies, risks and issues associated with the overall project.
- Reporting on system quality and collecting metrics on test cases.
- Providing specialist advice to support others.
- Execution of defined tests, as directed, using appropriate testing tools and techniques and conforming to agreed process standards and industry specific regulations.
To be successful in your application for this role, you will be able to demonstrate the following;
- Proven testing experience
- Analysis skills
- Good customer facing skills
- Experience of using test management tools
- Good understanding of the test tools market place
- Agile testing experience beneficial
- Understanding of non-functional testing, e.g. performance, load, operability
- Ability to interrogate results via PL/SQL skills, inspection of logs
- Knowledge and experience of one or more of the following:
- Load UI
- Microsoft Test Professional
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- SOAP UI
This is an exciting opportunity to join a team where you will be able to expand and develop your testing capabilities and experience.
In addition to your base salary you will be eligible for a bonus, 25 days holiday, competitive pension and have access to our flexible benefits scheme.
- Professional community:Design & Development
- Location:Ipswich - IP City
- Working Hours:37.5