We are currently seeking a Test Manager to join our team based in Ipswich. In this role, you will provide effective test consultancy skills to enable successful delivery of projects to time, budget, quality and scope both by managing the overall test effort and getting directly involved in projects.
In this role, you will be responsible for;
- Evaluating and recommending new test tools and techniques.
- Governing testing carried out by other testers.
- Planning, creation and maintenance of test strategy.
- Managing planning of the system and/or acceptance tests within a development or integration project or programme.
- Responsible for integrity of testing and acceptance activities and coordinates the execution of these activities.
- Providing authoritative advice and guidance on any aspect of test planning and execution.
- Defining and communicating the test strategy for the project.
- Managing all test processes, including test plans, resources, costs, timescales, test deliverables and traceability.
- Managing client relationships with respect to testing matters.
- Identifying process improvements, and contributing to corporate testing standards and definition of best practice.
Test Consultancy and Execution
- Planning, design, execution and reporting of tests, using appropriate testing tools and techniques and conforming to agreed process standards and industry specific regulations.
- Ensuring that new and amended systems, configurations, packages, or services, together with any interfaces, perform as specified, and that the risks associated with deployment are adequately understood and documented.
- Responsible for creation of test cases using own in-depth technical analysis of both functional and non-functional specifications (such as reliability, efficiency, usability, maintainability and portability).
- Creating traceability records, from test cases back to requirements.
- Supporting the production of test scripts, materials and regression test packs to test new and amended software or services.
- Specifying requirements for environment, data, resources and tools.
- Where appropriate interpreting, executing and documenting complex test scripts using agreed methods and standards.
- Recording and analysing actions and results, and managing the maintenance of a defect register.
- Reviewing test results and modifying tests, or recommending alterations if necessary.
- Providing reports on progress, anomalies, risks and issues associated with the overall project.
- Reporting on system quality and collecting metrics on test cases.
- Providing specialist advice to support others.
To be successful in your application, you will be able to demonstrate the following;
- Proven hands-on test management experience
- Analysis skills
- Ability to interrogate results via
- PL/SQL skills
- Inspection of logs
- Good customer facing skills
- Experience of using test management tools
- Good understanding of the test tools market place
- Agile testing experience beneficial
- Understanding of non-functional testing, e.g. performance, load, operability
- Knowledge and experience of one or more of the following:
- Load UI
- Microsoft Test Professional
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server
- SOAP UI
You will also be able to demonstrate excellent attention to detail, good problem solving skills, perseverance and exceptional customer facing skills.
Along with your base salary you will receive a bonus, car allowance, 25 days annual leave, single private medical insurance and competitive pension contributions.
- Professional community:Design & Development
- Location:Ipswich - North Felaw Maltings
- Working Hours:37.5