We are looking for experienced Solution Designers, ideally with a Consultancy background, to play a key role, initially within our World Class design service at a Tier 1 telco. You will have a broad technical background and previous experience in lead roles on major application development or systems integration projects. You will also have a proven track record in designing and delivering scalable, robust and secure enterprise solutions. With first class customer facing skills and a genuine passion for quality / professional delivery, you will be looking for a new challenge with a company that genuinely recognises and rewards its star performers.
Role and Responsibilities
The successful candidates will be working on client sites in Slough and Leeds (based in one with travel to the other likely), assisting the customer by leading the delivery of IT solutions.
The role will involve designing solutions and defining specifications to meet functional and non-functional requirements. Working closely with the customer to identify key drivers and communicate the rationale and benefits will require excellent interpersonal skills at all levels within the organisation.
- End to end project experience with strong consulting, influencing,presentation and planning skills
- A broad technical background with depth in at least one architecture discipline
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively at senior levels
- Proven ability to design IT solutions that:
- Are flexible, supportable and customer experience focussed
- Adhere to IT strategy and standards, legal and regulatory requirements and industry best practice
- Proven ability to gather business requirements and design solutions based on those requirements
- Demonstrable analytical and systematic approach to problem solving
- A good knowledge of integration technologies
- A working knowledge of technical architecture disciplines (application, data or infrastructure)
- A working knowledge of development processes (e.g. Agile), including testing approaches and methods
- Previous experience on major application development or systems integration projects
- Practical experience of software development
- Practical experience of UML
- Experience of Sparx EA and HP ALM are desirable
- KCOM actively encourages and supports staff in the pursuit of relevant certifications and training
- As one of the UK’s top Cloud providers, KCOM provides very strong career opportunities in Cloud technologies
- Professional community:Design & Development
- Working Hours:37.5