We have an opportunity for a Solicitor to join our in-house team based at our Hull, Carr Lane office. In this role you will provide high quality and commercially focused legal advice that supports KCOM in achieving its business objectives.
Working in the Hull office, you will work as part of a small team that focuses on providing support to our Hull and East Yorkshire business unit. This business unit provides a comprehensive range of communications services to businesses and households in the East Yorkshire area. You will also have an opportunity to work with the wider KCOM legal team supporting other parts of the Group.
You will work on a varied range of agreements with major KCOM customers and suppliers, and their advisers, creating and negotiating bespoke contracts that achieve strategic commercial and risk objectives. There will also be an opportunity to get involved some of the specialist telecoms regulatory issues affecting the business.
- Providing legal advice to managers/ directors on a wide variety of issues to ensure the risk to the company is minimised.
- Drafting and negotiating with international suppliers, partners, major customers and their advisers bespoke contracts that achieve strategic commercial and risk objectives.
- Identifying workable solutions to problems to ensure legal compliance in any given situation.
- Managing the contract signing procedure to ensure that contractual requirements are fulfilled accordingly.
- Managing client expectations to ensure that work is prioritised according to the needs of the business.
- Researching new topics to ensure the Company meets any obligations required by law.
- Managing the relationship between the Company and its external legal representatives to ensure that the requirements of the business are met.
- Drafting standard contract templates with risk profiles that meet business objectives.
- Analysing Invitations To Tender and creates Invitation To Tender/tender responses that are commercially astute and minimise commercial risk.
- Advising and negotiating with customers and their lawyers on post-contractual claims, so as to minimise losses to the Group.
- Supporting on Group-wide projects for business improvement.
Required Skills and Experience
To be successful in your application you will have gained post qualification experience in either a law firm or an in-house role. You will be able to demonstrate experience in some of the above accountabilities and be willing to travel as part of your role.
- Law degree that meets the qualifying criteria (or non-qualifying degree and Common Professional Examination)
- Legal practice course
- Qualified Solicitor, with current SRA Practising Certificate
- Post-graduation experience
- Minimum of 16 hours continuous professional development annually
- Expert and up-to-date knowledge of commercial and company law.
- Strong document drafting skills
- Very strong communication and interpersonal skills at all levels
- Knowledge and understanding of processes and products offered across the group
- Strong negotiation skills
- Pragmatic, confident and approachable
- Commercially focussed
- Full, valid driving licence
- In-house experience
- Telecommunications and/or IT experience
- Understanding of consumer protection issues
- Knowledge of data protection law and practice.
In addition to a competitive base salary you will receive a car allowance, bonus, 25 days annual leave, competitive pension contributions, private medical insurance and access to our flexible benefits scheme.
- Professional community:Business Services
- Location:Hull – Carr Lane
- Working Hours:37.5