KCOM is a leading provider of communications services and IT solutions to organisations and consumers. By listening to and learning from our customers, we design and deliver the right services to connect them with the things that matter.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Software Developer to join an on-site, customer focus team based in Shipley with one of our major clients. In this role, you will be responsible for capturing key requirements from the customer, providing appropriate supporting design documentation and be able to rapidly react to changing customer requirements. Using a wide range of technical skills within the role, you will learn new technologies and design patterns.
Your key accountabilities will include;
- Ensure new development is built in accordance with documented quality controls (e.g. source control, unit testing etc.)
- Ensure that customer requirements and implemented solutions are appropriately documented
- Ensure that appropriate governance is enforced in the approval of new or modified solutions being made available to end users
- Ensure that, where possible, technical skills are shared with the client in an open environment
- Agree solution design and development estimates with key stakeholders
- Report development progress regularly to key stakeholders
- Analyse new technologies that may benefit the customer and use were appropriate.
To be successful in your application you will be able to demonstrate technical experience in the following;
- Developing web applications (ASP.net MVC, PHP, JSP)
- Designing and developing databases (SQL Server, MYSQL, Oracle)
- Developing using TDD or BDD methodologies
- Working in Agile environments
- Developing and deploying cloud based solutions (Azure, AWS)
- Background knowledge of telephony solutions (Cisco)
- Developing OpenSocial gadgets
Your hours will be 37.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday 9am – 5:30pm.
You’ll get 25 days holidays per year, a pension, access to the KCOM flexible benefits scheme, the option to join the KCOM share scheme, and 4 times salary life assurance.
- Professional community:Design & Development
- Working Hours:37.5