The key purpose of the role is to manage the service transition of all new business, new services and major project activities through to Operational Readiness and Service Acceptance.
The role will involve supporting the development of transition management practices throughout the business, building strong relationships with other functions and the wider company.
Your excellent interpersonal and communication skills and effective management of key Stakeholders will ensure new Service Delivery Models are adopted and used.
What will I be doing?
- Overall planning, governance, administration and management of Service Transition delivery and activities
- Ownership and coordination of the Service Transition function, acting as the prime interface for management in terms of Service Transition planning and reporting
- Delivery of a continuous service improvement mechanism for the processes and procedures associated with Transition Management.
- Form part of the Service Assurance team working to continually improve service across Change, Incident, Problem and Service Transition.
- Manage the Service Transition workload for multiple new customers or existing customers under the current and evolving processes and frameworks
- Impact, evaluation, and risk assessment of the transition process from an Operations perspective
- Identifying and managing operational risks resulting from any changes, projects or other service transition activities
- Governing all Operational Readiness activities and ensure they are in place for service go-live.
- Work very closely with the Project Delivery Team to resolve any issues/conflicts that are hindering the transition.
- Manage key external and internal stakeholder relationships understand needs and define/deliver new services.
- Managing the Service Transition lifecycle from the initial Project commencement through to acceptance into Service, ensuring the appropriate processes have been followed and relevant approvals obtained.
- Manage several transition projects, managing matrix teams, to ensure committed delivery dates are achieved.
- Agreement of Service Transition warranty period based on project complexity.
- Interacting with the customer and third parties to ensure that deliverables are achieved throughout the transition lifecycle
- Managing the material creation and storing transition material on the internal SharePoint and organising service operations team access.
- Understand and manage contractual requirements including achieving and exceeding SLAs and KPIs
- Evaluate service transition performance through the use of effective metrics, and where required implement performance improvement Plans. Ensure all activities are defined, implemented and tested to deliver against managed Enterprise service design/level agreements
- Report operational status to senior management through presentations and written content.
- Work hand in hand with the operational teams and the TSO Change Manager to ensure new customers and new services are successfully handed over to the in-life operational teams.
What do I need to do this role?
- Background in IT Service Operations with strong experience in an ITIL Service Transition Manager role
- ITIL Foundation & Service Transition Lifecycle certification
- Excellent understanding of ITIL Service Transition processes
- Excellent collaboration and influencing skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven record of implementing new or updated processes across an organisation
- Experience of working with 3rd Party suppliers and in a managed service environment
Hours and Benefits
You will be working 37.5 hours per week, Mon- Friday 9am – 5:30pm. You’ll get 25 days holidays per year, a pension, access to the KCOM flexible benefits scheme, the option to join the KCOM share scheme, and 4 times salary life assurance.
- Salary:Competitive Salary
- Professional community:Customer Service & Support
- Location:Hull – Salvesen Way
- Working Hours:37.5 hours