Security Consultant – Fixed Term Contract (12 months)
Competitive salary and excellent benefits
Location – predominantly Stratford but flexible
Business Area – Business
Closing Date – 9th August 2020
What will I be doing?
As part of KCOM wholesale & networks community, you will be working within a talented team of security people. You will act as a lead security authority regarding all aspects of KCOM products and services from initial design oversight to End of Life.
You will work on multiple security related projects as well as liaise with KCOM Standards and Compliance team and the KCOM Portfolio team regarding general security improvement requirements.
Some of your key responsibilities:
• To contribute to the development and maintenance of testing scripts, policies and standards in line with the overall KCOM security strategy, and to contribute to the ongoing development of processes, helping to develop a culture of continuous improvement
• Carry out or assist in the periodic IT Health Checks and Vulnerability Scans and ensure reports are maintained in a secure manner for audit purposes. Subsequently own and maintain the Corrective Action Plan(s) as a result of security audits and ensure actions are remediated in a timely manner. Report any defects that may have an impact on the security of all aspects of KCOM products and services and make recommendations for improvement.
• Support and maintain all aspects of the Information Security technical controls including Anti-Virus, anti-malware, Firewalls, IDS/IPS, FIM and any other preventative security measures of KCOM products and services.
• To support Operational teams in the analysis of SIEM, IPS/IDS, Firewall alarms, working with technology Subject Matter Experts as necessary to determine impact and risk of identified issues and information, in the context of the affected system and environment. To work closely with Resolver Groups to ensure that appropriate resource is deployed to resolve vulnerabilities, and to formally document any corrective actions are taken
• Process and analyse data provided by the various security monitoring systems and provide monthly reports to the Information Security Manager on the status of those systems and the overall security posture of KCOM.
• Assess and advise on security implications of Change Requests. Advise of any changes that may have implications for accreditations such as ISO27001, PSN and PCI/DSS. Responsible for the maintaining and annual review of security related processes and procedures including (where appropriate) RMADS (Risk Management Accreditation Document Set) or other compliance related documentation.
What do I need to do this job?
• Good knowledge of installing firewalls, data encryption and other security measures
• Broad understanding of penetration testing, ethical hacking and computer forensics analysts
• Experience with Unified Communication systems
• Experience in working with SIEM systems
• Proven track record within ISP/Telco/IT industry
• Desirably Certified information systems security professional (CISSP)
We are looking for individuals who:
• Have strong Senior Stakeholder engagement skills
• Can present information clearly and accurately
• Can perform well under pressure
• Are working well on own initiative
• Are flexible to support the business
• Can build rapport quickly
• Have strong customer service skills
What you will get from KCOM:
We are as passionate about our people as we are about our customers.
You will have access to an outstanding range of flexible benefits you can pick and choose from such as; exclusive discounts and savings with top retailers, contributions to your pension fund, life assurance and private medical insurance. You will be entitled to a generous holiday allowance and your birthday off work.
We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies and flexible working arrangements, including options such as part-time work, remote working, job sharing or compressed hours. We have employee engagement forums, onsite facilities and services to support staff from all backgrounds.
At KCOM we celebrate diversity: We are an equal opportunity, disability friendly, lifestyle and orientation supporting, inclusive employer and everyone is welcome. Values are important to us as is the ability to work flexibly and the opportunity to progress and develop as a person and in your career. We want everyone to realise their potential and are committed to providing an environment which support this. We want KCOM to be a great place to work for everyone.
Who are KCOM?
For us, it’s bigger than broadband.
KCOM has been in the heart of the Hull and East Yorkshire community since 1904.
We're proud to be rooted in East Yorkshire and committed to delivering the world's best broadband service to the region.
We are an innovative, award-winning company that is committed to providing a friendly, helpful and world class service to our customers by putting them first. All of our people are responsible for giving our customers the best impression and experience of KCOM.
We completed the first stage of our Lightstream full fibre network - making Hull the fastest, most connected broadband city in the world in 2019. Now we're expanding our award-winning network to bring the benefits of full fibre broadband to even more homes and businesses across the region.
We are a business that thrives on working collaboratively to bring innovative ideas to fruition and continually striving to be the very best at what we do in order to keep our customers connected.
KCOM reserve the right to close this vacancy before the published closing date, should the need occur. We therefore advise that you submit your application as soon as possible.
We are only accepting direct applications to this vacancy and therefore no agency applications will be accepted.
- Professional community:Customer service and support
- Location:Stratford upon Avon
- Working Hours:37.5