In this role, you will be responsible for managing the successful delivery of low complexity projects to time, cost and quality measures using appropriate methodologies and industry best practice.
This role can be based from either our Wakefield or Ipswich offices.
More specifically, you will;
- Manages small project teams
- Work to ensure a positive perception of project management within KCOM
- Maintain, schedule and deliver low complexity and/or low risk projects and activities (typically small/standard), taking account of dependencies and resource requirements
- Consolidate and document the fundamental components of projects (scope, schedule, resource requirements, budgets, risks, opportunities, issues and quality requirements)
- Tightly control project scope whilst meeting and managing customers broader expectations within the commercial model
- Provide and control project documentation as a primary reference point for tracking and audit purposes
- Monitor project budget, forecast and actual costs, providing early warning of any deviation
- Work with Senior Commercial Accountants to provide a clear and accurate view of project financials
- Develop, implement and update project resource allocation plans (RBAs), working with Professional Services to confirm staff availability and scheduling
- Engage and manage resources from all necessary KCOM departments, customer and third parties on a matrix management basis
- Follow defined governance arrangements for the delivery of projects
- Provide input into project health check reviews as required
- Work with Delivery Support to suggest improvement areas for the project delivery methodology
- Identify, log and monitor project risks (threats and opportunities), planning and implementing responses to them and responding to other issues that affect projects. Report and escalates risks as required to appropriate level
- Produce highlight reports and presentations to internal and external customers on project status to aid successful delivery of project
- Develop, maintain and apply quality management processes for project activities and outputs
- Secure the provision of goods and services needed for projects from internal and/or external providers
- Establish and implement where necessary, protocols to change the scope of projects and updates configuration documents as required
- Manage internal and external stakeholders, taking account of their levels of influence and particular interests
- Manage level 1 customer escalations in liaison with KCOM account team
- Work with the Sales & Account Management teams to ensure clean and consistent sales to delivery handovers, ensuring that projects move into delivery at the point at which they are ready to be mobilised
To be successful in your application you will be able to demonstrate previous experience of; managing low complexity projects, project management methodologies and best practice.
In addition to your base salary you will be eligible to receive a bonus, 25 days holiday (plus your birthday off), competitive pension contributions, a range of corporate discounts and access to our flexible benefits scheme.