In the role of Product Manager – Managed Service, you will be responsible for the introduction, in-life management and overall customer experience for products & services across the KCOM portfolio which contribute to making propositions.
Your key accountabilities;
- Lead virtual teams in support of product enhancements
- Introduce aligned products into the KCOM portfolio in line with defined processes, including the production of a business case and ensuring suitable governance around delivery
- Maintaining competitiveness of product – commercially, technically & operationally
- Responsibility for aligned in-life products being retired and managed effectively through iteration and refinement, ensuring they are relevant to both internal stakeholders and customers (through analysing and generating problem spaces)
- Solicit feedback from all areas of business on the operation and performance of aligned products
- Maintaining an accurate view for aligned products on aspects such as; competitor landscape, revenue performance, operational maturity, relevant product KPIs & internal rationalisation opportunities
- Establish and maintain strong relationships internally and externally, evangelising our products & services, acting as an escalation path where required
- For aligned products, actively engage with operational teams who deliver the product and services to our customers to ensure product service levels are being delivered against commitments
- Product level assessment of opportunity and risk
- Identify opportunities and risks for delivering KCOM's products and services, including identification of competitor services and internal ways of working
- Setting the RRP of their product(s) and defining pricing strategy, understating of cost base, P&L awareness
- Working with Marketing/bid teams to establish suitable strategies and collateral
- Responsibility for understanding and managing the cost base for each of the aligned products
- Supply / demand interlock
- Responsibility for defining and delivering the required end-to-end process for their aligned products
- Management of day to day task with strong focus on delivery aligned to business goals and strategy
- Drives sales performance and operation efficient of product line. Performing release management, working with development team
- Introduction and iteration of aligned products in the KCOM portfolio
- Drive the required customer experience across all areas of the organisation
- Lead future planning for introduction of new products
- Provide domain expertise including thought leadership, market insights and sustainability of product strategy
You will also;
- Be responsible for shaping the GTM proposition around how we manage and support our customers covering delivery, in-life and billing. Working with TSO to agree a Customer facing; vision, strategy and roadmap for Managed Service.
- Define and agree the different levels of what a ‘Managed Service’ offering would look like for our customers – from simple break fix through to a comprehensive Manage Service offering
- Look to carry out a full value chain analysis as to why KCOM? Bringing aspects of how we manage and support our customers into the customer value proposition.
- Work across the product community to ensure a consistent approach to Managed Service.
- Productise and commercialise all aspects of Managed Service including all elements of the ITIL model i.e. change management, problem management as examples. In addition will look at our tooling and ability to provide increased visibility to our customer through our reporting and systems capability.
- Become responsible for our portal strategy as a key part of the overall value proposition.
- Shape what our billing strategy needs to look like, working with IT to assess platform options.
- Look to leverage capability KCOM has that can drive additional customer value, supporting our ability to harness cross sell and upsell initiatives through a more integrated approach to Managed Service.
- Look to increase customer life time value and drive overall margin improvements across the portfolio through increased Value Add.
What do you need to do this role?
- Exceptional ability to collect, analyse and interpret market data and act on the new opportunities they provide
- Excellent business relationship and stakeholder management skills and the ability to challenge, manage and resolve competing and conflicting priorities.
- Ability to simplify complex business scenarios and engage at both a technical and commercial level
- Effective communication to all stakeholder levels, both written and verbal
- Must be proactive and dependency-aware and able to show commitments and deadlines are self-managed.
- Good relationship management demonstrating strong emotional intelligence.