We are looking for an experienced hands-on Java Technical Architect, ideally from a strong Consultancy background, to play a key role on a range of high profile integration projects. With first class customer facing skills and a genuine passion for quality / professional delivery, you will be looking for a new challenge with a company that genuinely recognises and rewards its star performers.
The role will involve design of architecture, definition of specifications and hands on development. Working closely with developers and the customer to identify key drivers and communicate the rationale and benefits for the client will require excellent interpersonal skills at all levels within an organisation.
Required Technical Experience
- A proven track record in designing and delivering complex enterprise-scale Java/JEE solutions
- Ability to gather and document business requirements and architect solutions based on those requirements
- First class design skills including the ability to draw up extremely accurate designs that could be effectively utilised by development teams and other architects
- Extensive experience in the development lifecycle of Java/JEE and related technologies
- Experience of leading a technical team
- Involvement across the full project lifecycle (to successful deployment)
- Experience with agile project delivery including TDD and CI
- Knowledge and practical application of JIRA and Confluence
- Strong understanding of industry trends
- Experience with:
- API technologies (e.g. Layer7, 3scale, Datapower)
- SOA/ESB technologies e.g. Fuse, Camel, OSGI
- NOSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB, Neo4J), Big Data (Hadoop, Pig, Hive)
- Rich Web Application Development (AJAX. JQuery etc)
- JVM Languages (Scala, Groovy etc)
Other Skills / Experience
- A delivery focused attitude with the ability to drive tasks forward and meet demanding deadlines.
- A willingness to be flexible in terms of work location and to undertake work at client sites as and when required.
- Ability to deal successfully with staff at all levels within an organisation.
- The ability to communicate clearly to a wide range of people both internally and externally to the organisation (as well as the ability to influence / negotiate).
- Exceptional customer facing skills.
- Strong written and presentation skills.
- Professional community:Design & Development
- Working Hours:37.5