We are looking for an Account Manager to create long-term, trusting relationships with our business customers. Your role will be to oversee a portfolio of assigned customers, develop new business from existing clients and actively seek new sales opportunities. The key attribute that will make you a success in this role is your focus on the customer and service …the sales will come through service and relationships.
What specifically will I be doing in this role?
- Serve as the lead point of contact for all customer account management matters
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting client relationships
- Negotiate contracts and close agreements to maximise profits
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with key accounts, customer stakeholders and sponsors
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Clearly communicate the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Develop new business with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement to meet sales quotas
- Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. quarterly sales results and annual forecasts)
- Prepare reports on account status
- Collaborate with the sales team and broader business to identify and grow opportunities within territory
- Assist with challenging client requests or issue escalations as needed
The skills and attributes that we are looking for are….
- Experience as an Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Sales Account Manager, Junior Account Manager or relevant role
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce, Zoho CRM or HubSpot) and MS Office (particularly MS Excel)
- Experience delivering client-focused solutions to customer needs
- Strong sales skills, knowledge of our markets and our competitors
- Experience working in a customer centric environment
- A proven track record in achieving sales targets
…and what will we do for you in return for delighting our customers
- We will provide a competitive salary and flexible benefits scheme and we even give you your birthday off!
- We have core hours of 37.5 hours per week, 8.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday but we do have a flexible culture so we will do our best to work with your need
- Lots of opportunities to grow and develop your career
- Bonus/commission scheme, company share options, cycle to work, long service awards, generous holidays, pension scheme, life assurance and your birthday off work
- We are as passionate about our people as we are our customers, we encourage feedback and act on it
- Excellent learning and development opportunities
Why KCOM? Well, because it’s great working here! Although we’ve been around since 1904, we're constantly evolving so we can continue to help customers get more from the way they interact, collaborate and connect with what matters to them. We’re on a continuous change journey, always looking for easier and better ways of doing things. It makes KCOM an exciting and inspiring place to work – and now we’re looking for exciting and inspiring people who are great with people.
- Salary:£Competitive + Commission
- Professional community:Sales
- Location:Hull – Carr Lane
- Working Hours:37.5