We are currently recruiting for Power Infrastructure Engineers to join our Power Operations team, reporting to the Power Infrastructure Engineer Team Leader. In this role, your key responsibilities will include;
- Support the installation of LV power technical solutions in a commercial environment, assisting in the development of innovative and effective working methods as needed, to meet business and customer requirements within an agreed strategy.
- Provide expert “trouble-shooting” individually and collectively with the wider team to identify and rectify power infrastructure problems, utilising internal resources and external contractor support.
- Produce the required power infrastructure documentation to enable the infrastructure to be implemented and maintained, including in-house maintenance records, electrical test records and general compliance with BS 7671 – Requirements for Electrical Installations.
- Assist in the design & development process for new products and services to ensure they are able to maximise customer offerings through effective installation & maintenance.
- Investigate customer complaints relating to power installations or faults, and propose a response/solution acceptable to the business and the customer.
- Liaise with other departments e.g. Customer Support, Sales etc. and with suppliers where appropriate to analyse new/changes to systems and processes in order to improve service to customers.
- Undertake life cycle maintenance of power assets (LV Electrical Systems, UPS, Generators, DC Power Systems & associated battery systems) across our network infrastructure within agreed SLA’s.
- Completing capital project installation work associated with Power Operations projects and wider business projects.
- Completing reactive work requests to address power related faults across the KCOM national property portfolio, to agreed SLA’s.
- Working as part of an on-call and escalation rota to support the business.
To be successful in your application you will have;
- Proven experience within a Commercial/Industrial electrical and/or power support setting.
- Extensive knowledge of: LV electrical installation and maintenance activities in a commercial/industrial setting.
- Strong skills in:
- LV electrical installation and design in accordance with BS 7671
- Electrical inspection and testing, including certification and verification of test results in accordance with BS7671
- Electrical Fault Finding (Find & Fix)
- IT and the use of standard test equipment (17th Edition and other electrical test equipment)
- Relationship management (in liaising with other internal departments and external suppliers)
- City & Guilds - Requirements for Electrical Installations (2382)
- City & Guilds - Periodic Inspection and Testing (2395) or Electrical Inspection and Testing (2391)
- Full Driving License
- Building Services Related Qualifications
- Working Knowledge of Standby Power Systems (DC Power Systems, UPS Systems, Generators and Battery Systems)