KCOM is a leading provider of communications services and IT solutions to organisations and consumers. By listening to and learning from our customers, we design and deliver the right services to connect them with the things that matter.
As a Senior Infrastructure Engineer you will be part of a small team engaged in all stages of the design, provision, support and in-life maintenance of customer network solutions in line with KCOM strategy.
- To work alongside pre-sales as the Design Authority for the lifecycle of a project, from identification of the requirement through to delivery.
- Support the developing and shaping of the customers thinking and understanding of how various solutions can help address their business challenges
- Design of network technical solutions, developing innovative, effective working methods as needed, to meet customer requirements within agreed strategy
- To articulate and present complex designs, technologies and solutions to both technical and non-technical customers to communicate the associated features and benefits
- Ensure all solutions follow the appropriate governance processes to ensure all solutions are robust, reliable, deliverable and supportable
- Produce the required network infrastructure design documentation to enable the infrastructure to be implemented and maintained
- Provide expert “trouble-shooting” to identify and rectify network infrastructure problems
- Liaise with other departments e.g. Technical Support, Sales etc. liaising with suppliers where appropriate to analyse new/changes to systems and processes to improve service to customers
- Cisco CCNP certification or equivalent and have strong experience in Routing and Switching (OSPF, BGP, MPLS)
- Experience deploying and managing Firewall technologies
- Experience designing and supporting WAN solutions, ideally in a service provider environment
- Excellent customer facing communication skills with a proactive and flexible attitude
- Fortigate certified to NSE 5 or above
- Knowledge of scripting and automation
What we can offer you?
This is a growing, changing company which offers a lot of variety and opportunity for skills development and career progression. All necessary training will be provided within the role.
What are my hours of work?
This role is primarily 9:00am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday, although out of hours work may be required from time-to-time when customer requirements demand. There may be a requirement at a later date to join a call-out rota providing 24x7 3rd line support to customers.
You’ll get 25 days holidays per year, a pension, access to the KCOM flexible benefits scheme, the option to join the KCOM share scheme, and 4 times salary life assurance.
- Professional community:Design & Development