As the leading provider of Communications Services and IT Solutions to organisations and consumers, KCOM put their customers at the heart of all they do by listening, developing, designing and delivering the right services to connect customers with the things that matter.
This role is perfect for any budding Security Engineers looking to take the next step in their career, working for one of the UK’s top Cloud companies. If you have strong Networking experience, and are considering a role within security this is the job for you
- Hands on post sales technical role, covering Incident and change around a variety of security products.
- Primarily supporting a PSN connectivity customer and HSCN customers for Security requirements.
- Strong troubleshooting skills ability to take ownership and work unsupervised if required.
- Able to track vulnerabilities in supported products and apply patches and updates as necessary
- Provide on-demand technical escalation to Incident Management personnel ensuring customer problems are resolved or that service is restored in accordance with service level agreements.
- Maintain in-depth technical and procedural knowledge and records in relation, systems, sites and equipment, providing prompt and accurate information, advice and guidance to SMC engineers, field engineers, TAC, Service Delivery Managers and other interested parties.
What do I need to do this job?
- Strong firewall change management experience
- Good knowledge of security principles and technologies, IP and networking
- Be able to provide technical advice and supervision to In Life Onsite Engineers and others as and when required, so as to develop their capabilities and ensure customer service standards are met
- Firewalls- Cisco ASA/Check Point
- Router Security- Basic routing and switching understanding/ IOS Firewall configuration
- VPN Technologies
- Cisco Firepower
- Candidates with or working towards their CCNP will be desirable
What we can offer you?
KCOM is a constantly growing and changing company which offers a lot of variety and opportunity for skills development and career progression, including but not limited to CCNA accreditation's and full Cisco training
What Else you’ll need to know
- Full time permanent role, flexible working hours
- Based in Hemel Hempstead however could support remote working
- Must be willing work out of hours when required with the possibility of joining an on-call rota.
You’ll get 25 days holidays per year (plus your birthday off), a pension, access to the KCOM flexible benefits scheme, the option to join the KCOM share scheme, and 4 times salary life assurance.
- Professional community:Design and development
- Location:Hemel Hempstead
- Working Hours:Standard