As Finance Business Partner, you will support and challenge the Enterprise business working closely with the delivery function on large complex cloud projects. The role should create value by improving the quality of information and decision support to the heads of business and ensure that the business strategy is delivered with the highest financial benefit at an acceptable level of risk
- Provide financial leadership, relevant insight and challenge in determining and delivering the strategic Business direction (e.g. pricing, product roadmap & portfolio decisions)
- Stimulate best practice and alignment across the organisation and support the delivery of the strategy
- Act as a catalyst in driving forward initiatives critical to delivering the strategy (e.g. System improvement, cost optimisation, etc.)
- Ownership of the Planning, Budgeting & Forecasting process and have the business knowledge and relationships to efficiently support and challenge business performance and assumptions
- Review and develop options / alternatives to improve business performance and bridge gaps between current and desired financial performance (in support of the forecasting / planning process)
- Work closely with the GFS and review and challenge management reports provided by the team and support them to continually improve
- Assess commercial viability of investment decisions, articulate financial risks and opportunities and support post-investment appraisal of business initiatives
- Develop and use innovative commercial solutions to maximise financial return
- Drive the development and implementation of priority projects, identify continual improvement opportunities and help to maximise profits
- Work with the Customer Finance team to ensure effective handover of successful bids and to ensure there is a detailed understanding of projects entering delivery
- Build close working relationships with the delivery team to ensure you become their ‘go to’ person.
- This role is a key part of the management team that is required to help to drive better decision making and ultimately better performance
- Preferably a qualified accountant but will consider those actively studying
- Must be highly skilled in Excel
- SAP experience will be an advantage
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to build good relationship with non-finance
- Must be prepared to travel regularly (with some overnight stay)
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to influence
- Relevant industry experience not essential
This role will be based at our Hull Carr Lane office (applicants based in the Wakefield office may also apply).
You’ll get 25 days holidays per year, a pension, access to the KCOM flexible benefits scheme, the option to join the KCOM share scheme and 4 times salary life assurance.
- Professional community:Business Services
- Working Hours:37.5