Solution Design Team Lead
KCOM offer IT and communication services to large public and private sector organisations that are looking to transform the way they do business and operate. We’re a flexible and agile systems integrator (SI) that’s looking to provide a credible alternative to some of the big SIs. We work with leading organisations such as HMRC, BUPA, Dominos, ATOC, and NHS BSA, who value our flexible approach, talent and expertise.
The Solution Design Team Lead will be based on the customer site in Slough with one of our main customers. There will be possible travel to the customer’s offices in Leeds. You will lead technical designers who will be delivering complex solutions, responsible for shaping the customers ideas, designing and proposing robust, supportable and fit for purpose solutions.
- To ensure compliance of SDs with the customer and KCOM processes and standards
- To ensure the SDMS is managed on a daily basis
- Achieve 100% compliance with defined SLA's
- Team Manager for the Solution Design Managed Service (SDMS)
- Ensure that all Solution Design deliverables (HLD etc.) are completed to the standards defined by the customer
- Delivery dates for all SD deliverables are flagged to ensure that quality reviews can be carried out
- All SD deliverables are internally (KCOM) reviewed ahead of issue to the customer / project teams and other stakeholders
- Ensure that all SDs complete the customer’s time recording in Customer’s time booking on a weekly basis, and ensure 100% compliance by all SDs of Customer’s time booking at month end.
- Ensure that all SDs complete their KCOM time recording in time booking system on a weekly basis, and ensure 100% compliance at month end
- Carry out fortnightly 1 to 1, face to face meetings with all SDs to ensure SDs are fully aware of their role and to highlight any issues with the SDs or the projects they are working on
- Ensure all SDs produce a weekly report for the projects they are working on
- Escalate issues which may affect the overall managed service to the Consultancy Manager or Sales
- Work with the Consultancy Manager and Sales to ensure that all SLAs for the managed service are met
- Highlight challenges or performance issues with SDs to the Consultancy Manager, and manage these issues directly with the SD
- Work closely with the customer’s Design Portfolio Managers to determine new requirements and projects no longer needing SDs (demand management)
- Work with the Consultancy Manager and the customer to agree resource allocation of SDs to projects
Experience & Skills
- Strong team management and leadership
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels, used to dealing with staff, customer stakeholders and senior managers from the customer and within KCOM
- Able to prioritise workload
- Experience of line management of IT professionals desirable
- An understanding of IT Solution Design and Architecture, as well as considerable experience of working within large projects and programmes, ideally from a project, PMO or Delivery perspective
- Ability to track progress and clearly demonstrate control of the SD team and the requirements on the team to deliver and comply with standards, processes etc.
- Experience of producing metrics to demonstrate compliance with SLAs and control of team members
- Professional community:Architecture
- Working Hours:37.5