In this role, you will be responsible for shaping a customer’s IT architecture and strategy, ensuring they understand our value proposition and to identify and drive from a technical perspective opportunities within those accounts that span the KCOM portfolio.
You will engage with and manage as a virtual team, Customer Solutions Consultants and other design resources as appropriate to develop specific opportunities. You will work closely with sales management to develop account plans and strategies, and will be proactively engaged in sales forecasting to facilitate this process.
Day-to-day, your key accountabilities will include;
- Working with sales and sales management, either in a nominated market vertical or against a set of nominated accounts, to identify a small number of key accounts where the potential exists to influence and shape the customer’s IT architecture and strategy
- Assisting in the development of an account strategy and contact plan for those target accounts aimed at raising the awareness and credibility of KCOM’s value proposition and developing opportunities across a broad range of solution areas
- Building a comprehensive understanding of the business strategy, challenges & opportunities of the customers
- Assisting the sales team with the technical qualification of a new business opportunity or prospect, or with a complex requirement within an existing customer account, to ensure that it aligns with KCOM’s target markets, portfolio, delivery and operations capability
- Engaging with the customer at a senior IT/IT Director level as a trusted advisor, to position KCOM’s value propositions and to help develop a broad, integrated cloud & communications strategy, roadmap and reference architecture
- Identifying specific opportunities within the account, engaging solutions consultants and other pre-sales resources as appropriate to develop solutions and tailor products which meet these requirements
- Providing input to forecast and pipeline management from a technical perspective
- Taking overall ownership and accountability for all solutions and associated costs within their nominated accounts, managing a virtual team of solutions consultants and other resources to provide a cohesive, integrated solution
- The design and communication of high-level structures to enable and guide the design and development of integrated solutions that meet current and future business needs. This may include architectural documentation, journey maps, return on investment models, and functional component specifications to enable High Level Designs to be produced
- Providing commercial awareness to support commercial finance in the development of an appropriate commercial model for their solutions. Responsible for solution sign off within sales governance processes
- Maintaining a high degree of awareness of technical and industry market trends and technology areas related to those that customers may wish to adopt, in order to offer both up to date and impartial consultative advice
To be successful in your application, you will be able to demonstrate;
- Extensive experience of designing service led propositions, familiarity and understanding of ITIL v3.
- A strong technical background across a broad range of telecommunications products aligned with the strategic needs of our business
- Experience aligning solutions with Legal, Commercial, Financial and Security Policies and Standards (e.g. PCI, FCA, SO)
- Familiarity with appropriate delivery methodologies – e.g. RUP, Agile, Waterfall
- Understanding of TOGAF, Zachman or other architecture framework
- Experience of building, managing and motivating virtual teams successfully to deliver coherent solutions.
- Diligence and attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of industry trends and developments across our portfolio
This is an exciting opportunity to join our team. Along with a very competitive base salary, you will also receive a bonus, car allowance, 25 days annual leave, private medical and access to our flexible benefits scheme.
This role is location independent.