Cloud System Operations Engineer
Due to continued growth and investment we are seeking dynamic and enthusiastic System Administrators with a desire to build a career within Cloud solutions.
You will receive substantial training and development in order to build a successful career with us and to further enhance our Cloud Practice.
This is an exciting opportunity to join this successful and high profile practice within one of our businesses’ key proposition areas. You will be working on cutting edge Cloud Solutions with our large blue chip customer base, the role provides plenty of scope for development and career progression.
The System Operations role provides design, implementation and support services for internal infrastructure and customer deployed solutions. Responsibilities include:
- Design, installation, configuration, testing, operation, and maintenance of cloud based systems hardware and software and related infrastructure
- System and network monitoring and tuning
- Fault fixing (problem investigation, diagnosis and resolution)
- Research and development to enable continued innovation of the infrastructure
- 5+ years System Administration experience
- Hardware and software installation and troubleshooting, fault diagnosis, performance tuning
- Experience working with multi-tiered, load-balanced, redundant infrastructure architectures
- Installation, configuration and administrative knowledge of Windows operating systems - including Active Directory, DHCP, and DNS.
- Installation, configuration and administrative knowledge of Linux/Unix operating systems
- Hands-on practical experience with various infrastructure technologies such as:
- Virtualization (ESXi, ESX, Hyper-V or KVM)
- Networking (TCP/IP, DNS, VPNs, reverse proxies, routing, switching etc.)
- SAN and storage (RAID configuration, caching etc.)
- Security (firewall configuration, IPS/IDS etc.)
- Support/administration – monitoring, release management, deployment & automation
- Practical scripting experience:
- Shell scripting in Linux/Unix
- DOS batch scripts or Windows PowerShell
- Experience developing system standards, installation and configuration procedures etc.
- Experience using Amazon Web Services
- MCSE or Cisco Certifications (CCNA/CCNP)
Other Skills / Experience
- Delivery focused with the ability to drive tasks forward and meet demanding deadlines
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong problem investigation and diagnosis skills
- The ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people internally and externally to the organisation
- A willingness to be flexible in terms of location, hours and types of work undertaken
- Pro-active self-learner capable of picking up new technologies quickly
- Professional community:Customer Service & Support
- Location:Ipswich - North Felaw Maltings
- Working Hours:37.5