The role is to own and manage the Change Management life-cycle process to provide governance and control over all change and release management in support of the Customer Service Operations Centre (CSOC). Acting as the single point of authorisation, you will be initiating and chairing Change Advisory Boards and Emergency Change Advisory Boards when necessary to minimise disruption to services.
What will I be doing?
- Responsible for the overall control, documentation, and accountability of the Change Management function to the highest level of efficiency and effectiveness at all times to ensure Customer satisfaction is maintained.
- Implementing and developing new processes, documentation and ways of working
- Delivering a continuous service improvement mechanism for the processes and procedures associated with the Change Management function and associated release and testing processes.
- Acting as the single point of authorisation controlling the life-cycle of all changes submitted for implementation upon customer and hosted platforms. Initiating and chairing Change Advisory Boards and Emergency Change Advisory Boards when necessary.
- Acting as the process owner for;
- Change Management
- Release & Deployment Management
- Service validation & testing
- Managing the Change Calendar in the creation and maintenance of a Forward Schedule of Change to avoid change collision.
- Providing guidance to Change Owners on the governance standards of configuration management in the form of risk, impact, pre/post implementation testing and regression plans.
- Supporting the Change Management Team in scheduling and the prioritisation of change.
- Working hand in hand with delivery teams to ensure new business and service transitions are handed over to in-life operational teams in a complete, consistent way.
- Performing post implementation reviews as required.
- Ensuring automation & tooling is properly leveraged for maximum efficiency.
- Matrix management of both technical and non-technical teams within the KCOM GROUP to ensure we have 1 standard ITIL / ISO20000 aligned change process.
- Complying with all Health & Safety and Security regulations at all times as detailed in the Company’s Security, Health and Safety & Environmental Policies.
What do I need to do this role?
- Background in IT Service Operations experience with strong experience in an ITIL Change Manager role
- ITIL Foundation & Intermediate Lifecycle certification
- Excellent understanding of ITIL Change Management processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Great customer service skills
- Proven record of implementing new or updated processes across an organisation
- Experience of working with 3rd Party suppliers and in a managed service environment
Hours and Benefits
You will be working 37.5 hours per week, Mon- Friday 9am – 5:30pm. You’ll get 25 days holidays per year, a pension, access to the KCOM flexible benefits scheme, the option to join the KCOM share scheme, and 4 times salary life assurance.
- Professional community:Customer Service & Support
- Location:Hull – Salvesen Way
- Working Hours:37.5 hours